Sunday, September 30, 2007

Cravings

I'm sitting in my room, in total darkness. Everything's closed, and the world is quiet, for once. Most people are sound asleep and lost in their own dreamworlds. I, however, am wide awake, craving, longing, wanting what I can't have.

I know in my heart, that I shall not have what I long for. It's forbidden, dark and totally beautiful. It calls for me. Screams my name out, and tries to lure me out of the safety of my room in the middle of the night. I have to stay strong. Not to give in to the craving that threatens to tear my soul to pieces.

I managed. Today, in broad daylight, I'm very, very proud of myself, for resisting. The fantastic chocolate fudge cake, is still safe and sound at Tesco, and I did not give in. Am I a woman of character or what?



No comments: